We’re delighted to be one of the sponsors of the 21st Cornhill Highland Games, which take place in Cornhill, Aberdeenshire on Saturday 2nd June.
The Cornhill Highland Games is one of the highlights in the calendar for the local highland community, as well as visitors who attend from throughout north east Scotland and beyond.
It’s an event that really has something for everyone. The programme includes:
- heavy events – putting the stone, throwing the hammer, throwing the weight and of course tossing the caber
- light events – 90m, 400m and 800m races, high jump, long jump and a hop, step & leap competition
- local pipe bands
- tug of war competitions, with first, second and third place qualifying for the Royal Highland Show
- Highland dancing competitions
- races, including the 8.5 mile Knock Hill Race, a 10k road race, The Fernie Race, and a variety of children’s running and sack races
- food, drink, craft and gift stalls
- children’s activities including face painting, body sorbing, wet sponge throwing a bouncy slide, bouncy castle and bungee trampoline
- catering and refreshments including strawberries and cream, fresh pancakes, fresh donuts, ice cream and more
Entry costs £7 for adults, £5 for anyone over 50 and £4 for ages 5-15. Under 5’s are free of charge. This year also includes a £20 family ticket for 2 adults and up to 3 children.
Find out more including how to enter any of the competitions.