- Heat the oven to 180C/Fan 160C/ Gas 4/ 350F. Oil and line a baking tray or Swiss roll tin with greaseproof paper and oil the paper.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar on high speed untill thick, creamy and holding the trail of the whisk. Sift the flour and fold in gently along with the pot of mixed berry porridge.
- Pour into the prepared tin and spread evenly with a palette knife. Scatter the blueberries evenly over the cake batter.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes untill risen and firm. Remove from the oven, loosen the sides of the cake with the palette knife while hot and leave to cool in the tin.
- To decorate, drizzle with lemon water ice or dust with caster or icing sugar, or homemade vanilla sugar.
For Lemon Water Ice
Mix icing sugar and fresh lemon juice to a pouring consistency. Drizzle over the cake with the point of a spoon or through a piping bag.
For Vanilla Sugar
Easily made and very useful in baking for dusting cakes and adding flavour. Put 115g (4ozs) icing sugar into an airtight container, add a vanilla pod, close the lid and leave in a cool dry place for up to 1 week for the flavours to develop. This will keep for up to six months.