This is a really easy no-bake cheesecake that doesn’t involve any cheese! It’s made from a delicious base of oats, date and nuts topped with a creamy cashew, coconut milk and summer fruits filling.
We used strawberries in the fruit layer, but you can use any combination of summer fruits.
Just remove the cheesecake from the freezer 15-20 minutes before serving for the perfect texture.
- Start by soaking your cashews either overnight in cold water, or soak in warm water for an hour.
- When you’re ready to start making your cheesecake put the porridge oats, dates, nuts and coconut oil into a food processor the blitz until everything is well blended and starts to stick together. You might need a bit more coconut oil, depending on how sticky your dates are.
- Pour the filling into a springform tin and press to cover the bottom of the tin and pop into the freezer while you make your filling.
- Drain and rinse the cashews and put into the blender with the thick part of the coconut milk and your coconut milk liquid, plus the maple syrup and lemon juice and blend until you have a smooth creamy consistency.
- Pour two thirds of the filling over the base and smooth gently to cover.
- Add your summer fruits to the remaining filling and blend until the fruit is fully incorporated. You’ll get a different flavour and colour depending on which fruits you use.
- Pour your fruit layer over the creamy layer and spread to cover.
- At this stage you can either decorate with chopped summer fruits before popping into the freezer, or freeze without the extra fruit, then add fresh fruit when you are serving.
- Freeze until set, then cut into slices as required.