Peaches and raspberries are a delicious combination, and the crisp oaty almond topping makes for an irresistible dessert.
Make with ripe fresh peaches and juicy raspberries when they are in season, or you can use tinned peaches and frozen raspberries at other times of the year.
Best served warm with vanilla or raspberry ripple ice cream, but custard also goes very well.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C/160 fan.
- Firstly prepare your peaches by placing them in boiling water for one minute, then remove them with a slotted spoon and place into a bowl of very cold water. Run a knife around the middle of each peach, then the skin should peel back easily. Slice in half, remove the skin and stone, then chop each half into three pieces – or four if you have very large peaches.
- Put the peaches into an ovenproof dish, then scatter the raspberries on top.
- Squeeze the lemon juice over the fruit, add the vanilla/almond extract then sprinkle on the cornflour and sugar. Give it all a gentle mix so it’s combined but the raspberries don’t break up.
- Make your topping by putting all the dry ingredients a bowl. Whisk together so they are thoroughly mixed, then add the butter and mix in with a fork or your fingers until the butter is well distributed and you have a nice lumpy crumbly mixture. Scatter on top of the fruit.
- Bake for 45 minutes until the topping is crisp and browned, and the filling is bubbling around the edges.
- Serve warm with ice cream.