- Set the oven to 170 celcius/150 fan/gas 3
- Melt the honey and stir in the porridge oats and mixed spice.
- Mix the natural yoghurt, soft cheese, vanilla extract, lemon zest, brown sugar and cornflour together in a bowl, then mix in the egg.
- Grease two 4 inch tins and line the bottom with baking paper. Put the oat mixture into the bottom and push down firmly to make a base.
- Pour in the cheese mixture and bake for 15 minutes at 150C Fan until just set.
- Once cooked and cooled you can enjoy as it is, or sprinkle with toasted oats around the sides and on top and decorate with raspberries and lemon zest. To make the roast oats, simply melt some butter into a frying pan and stir in a good handful of oats for 3-4 minutes until they are golden brown and crispy.
This recipe was created by Charlotte aged 13 from Orpington in Kent for the Hamlyns Home Baking competition.
Do you have a favourite oat recipe that you’d like to share with us? We’ll send a Hamlyns goodie bag to the creator of every recipe that we include on our website.