These no bake cookies can be made from storecupboard ingredients in a matter of minutes. The basic cookie recipe is delicious as it stands, or you can add in your choice of mix ins – we used cherry and chocolate chips in the batch in our recipe picture but you can add any combination of your favourite nuts, chocolate chips and dried fruits.
- Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, then add in the sugar, cocoa and milk. Let it come to a rolling boil, then let it boil for two minutes – keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn’t boil over.
- Remove from the heat stir and stir in the peanut butter until it melts, then add the oats, vanilla and your mix-ins if using.
- Quickly scoop up ice cream scoops of the mixture and drop onto the baking trays. You can flatten them slightly using the bottom of a glass once you’ve scooped up all your mixture.
- The cookies will set as they cool down. Leave them to go completely cold then store in an airtight jar.