- Set oven to 180C/160 Fan
- Mix the oats, flour, salt and baking powder together in a bowl
- Add the softened butter, sugar, milk and sultanas and mix until you achieve a nice dough.
- Lightly flour your surface and roll out your mix until about thickness of £1 coin.
- Then cut out into circles using a cutter and place on to a baking tray lined with parchment paper or a non stick tray. You might need two trays depending on the size of your biscuits.
- Place in an oven for around 10 mins then turn the tray around for another 5-10 mins until lightly coloured on top.
- Cool on a wire rack and store in sealed container for 3 days.
- Enjoy with a nice cup of tea or a nice piece of cheese.
Thanks to chef Rory Lovie for sharing this recipe with us. Rory is a huge fan of oats – so much so that he says they would be his desert island food!
Rory is a highly-talented chef who oversees all menu activity at the award-winning Bridgeview Station, a restaurant housed within an iconic Victorian railway station at the heart of Dundee’s Waterfront, a short walk from the V&A Musem.
He has won many accolades including:
2013 Rising Star Young Chef of the Year
2013 Best Fine Dining Restaurant in Scotland
2010/11 Academy of Culinary Arts Team Semi-Finalist for Scotland