- Preheat the oven to 170°C/340°F/150°C fan/Gas 3.
- Measure all the ingredients apart from the dried fruits and tip into a large bowl. Add the grated orange zest. Stir to mix them all well together.
- Grease a large rimmed baking tray with more oil or use a baking tray covered with baking paper (or a Silpat silicone mat). Spread out the oat mixture by shaking the tray gently from side to side.
- Bake in the oven for about 10-15 minutes, turn over the mixture to ensure the mixture is toasted evenly, and bake for a further 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Leave to cool completely for about 30 minutes then add the dried fruits.
Store in an airtight container at room temperature. Enjoy at its best and consume within a week.
Serve with milk, almond milk or yogurt and fresh berries.
Jill Colonna is from Edinburgh but for the past 25 years has been living the French-Scottish life in Paris with her Corsican husband and teenage girls. Jill is author of two patisserie recipe books, ‘Mad About Macarons’ and ‘Teatime in Paris’ and writes at MadAboutMacarons.com