- Heat the oven to 180C/160 fan/350F/Gas 4.
- Oil and line a baking tray (approx 20cm x 30cm).
- Cream the butter, sugar and honey until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the essence and eggs along with a little of the flour to prevent the mixture curdling.
- Fold in the rest of the flour and the oats then gently stir in the raspberries.
- Spread evenly in the tray and bake for 20 – 25 minutes until risen and firm, and the point of a skewer inserted in the middle comes out cleanly.
- Cool in the tray and dust with vanilla icing sugar when cool.
- Cut into squares and enjoy.
To make vanilla icing sugar:
Ideal to dust cakes and biscuits and easy to make. Put half a packet of icing sugar into an airtight container along with a vanilla pod. Cover and leave for about a week for the flavour of the vanilla to permeate the sugar. The flavour from the vanilla pod will last for a while so you can top up your icing sugar as required.