1. Sift the flour, spices and raising agents into a bowl. Add the margarine and rub into mixture until it resembles fine breadscrumbs.
2. Warm the porridge with the syrup and treacle and stir into the dry mix with enough milk to make a soft dropping consistency which will pour into oiled lined loaf tins. Recipe makes 2 x 225g loaf tins for this mixture.
3. Bake at 180ºC / 350ºF / Gas 4 for 35 minutes until risen and firm.
4. Cool in the tin. Slice and enjoy.
5. Drizzle with a little lemon water icong or add saltanas to the mix to add variety.