This traditional Melting Moments recipe is one of the recipes that was shared with us from a North Eastern Farmers recipe leaflet dating back to the 1950’s, when the Hamlyns brand was owned by NEF.
- Heat oven to 180C/160 Fan/350F/Gas 4.
- Cream the butter/margarine and sugar together then add the vanilla essence.
- Stir in the flour and mix thoroughly together.
- Divide into small balls and roll in the oats. The mixture should make around 16 biscuits.
- Place onto a baking sheet or baking parchment, leaving enough space between each one for the biscuits to spread.
- Press each biscuit down slightly and place a small piece of cherry on the centre of each biscuit.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes, until light golden brown.
- Allow to cool on the trays, then store in an airtight container…but they won’t last long.