- Preheat oven to 200C/180F.
- Mix the flour, porridge oats and bicarbonate of soda together to combine thoroughly.
- Add the honey or brown sugar and a good pinch of salt and mix again.
- Pour in your beer, buttermilk/milk and lemon juice and combine to form a nice dough.
- Put the dough into a lined loaf tin, then bake for 40 minutes or until hollow when tapped.
- Cool and enjoy.
Many thanks to Malcolm Gray for sharing this excellent recipe with us.
If you’d like to share your favourite sweet or savoury oat recipe with us, please email it to email@example.com.
We have a Hamlyns Perfect Porridge Pack for every recipe we publish.