- Heat the oven to 160C/140 Fan/325F/Gas 3.
- Oil two baking trays.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Sift the flour and ginger into a bowl, add the oats and cocoa nibs. Stir this into the butter mixture and mix to a clean stiff dough adding a little water if needed to bring the dough together.
- Roll out to 5mm ( ¼ in ) thick and cut into rounds – the recipe should make around 25 5cm biscuits.L
- Lay onto the baking trays and bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden and crisp.
- Cool a little on the tray, dust with caster sugar then complete cooling on a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight tin.
If you can’t find coca nibs here are two alternatives:-
45g (1 ½ oz) dark chocolate chips
30g (1oz) grated dark chocolate