Treat yourself to these luxurious creme egg overnight oats. Chocolatey oats are topped with vanilla flavoured yoghurt, fruity mango puree and finished with a sprinkle of grated dark chocolate and a mini creme egg.
- Pour the oats, cocoa powder, icing sugar and vanilla extract into a bowl and mix well. This is your chocolate layer.
- In another bowl mix the yoghurt with the vanilla and icing sugar.
- Remove the flesh from a ripe mango, discarding the stone and the skin. Blend the mango flesh with the lime juice and icing sugar in a food processor or blender and pour into a small bowl.
- Cover all three bowls and pop in the fridge ready to assemble in the morning.
- To serve, spoon a layer of chocolate oats into two glass or small jars, then top with a layer of the vanilla flavoured yoghurt and the mango puree. For the perfect finishing touch, add some grated chocolate and a halved mini creme egg to each glass or jar.
Notes: You can layer up your glasses or jars in the evening when you make the oats, but the chocolate may mix into the yoghurt as the liquid will not have soaked into the oats fully.
These overnight oats may be kept in the fridge for 2-3 days.
Recipe by Jacqueline Meldrum