- Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/350F/Gas 4.
- Oil and line a baking tray 20cm (8in) x 30cm (12in).
- Put the butter, sugar and syrup into a pan and melt over a low heat.
- Put the porridge oats and fruit into a bowl, add the melted mixture and stir together.
- Press evenly into the tin and bake for 20 minutes till golden and firm.
- Cool in the tin. Mark into squares while still warm.
You can serve this flapjack warm with ice cream or cream as a pudding, or leave to cool completely in the tray and enjoy as a chewy fruit bar.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge and eat within five days.