This recipe makes 36 medium or 60 cocktail-sized oatcakes. The oatcakes will keep for up to a couple of months in a sealed container.
1. Weigh all ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
2. Blend the mixture until the oil is fully incorporated. If using a food processor or mixer, use the paddle/beater attachment.
3. Leave to stand to allow the oatmeal to absorb the water fully.
4. On a lightly dusted surface roll out the mixture using a rolling pin to a thickness of approximately 5mm.
5. Cut out using a round cutter or cut into squares or fingers for variation. Re-roll the offcuts until all used up.
6. Bake at 190C for 25-30 minutes, depending on size and thickness.
7. The oatcakes should break with a ‘snap’ when cool.