This is based on a flapjack recipe from Liz Ashworth. It’s not quite a rocky road, a flapjack or a chocolate brownie, but is the best of all three! You can add whatever nuts you like to recipe along with the marshmallows and chocolate chips, and you could also add chopped cherries, raisins or other dried fruits.
- Heat the oven to 160C/140 fan/325F/Gas 3.
- Oil a baking tray approx 20cm x 25cm and line with baking paper.
- Heat the butter, honey/syrup, chocolate and sugar in a pan until all melted together.
- Add the flour and oats and mix well.
- Add the marshmallows, chocolate chips, chopped nuts and fruit.
- Pour into the tin and press down lightly.
- Bake for 20 minutes – no longer or the mixture will become too crisp when cold.
- Cool in the tin and mark into squares while warm.
You can drizzle the flapjacks with more chocolate and scatter more of the mix-ins if you like.