- Set oven to 180C/160 fan
- Mix the dry ingredients together
- Heat the butter, sugar and syrup together until well melted
- Pour the melted butter mixture our the over dry ingredients and mix well
- Spread into a tray bake tin lined with greaseproof paper
- Bake for approximately 15 to 20 minutes depending on whether you like a chewy or crunchy flapjack
Thanks to Helen Powell for sharing her recipe with us as part of our #phOATo competition.
Helen also recommends replacing the cornflakes with desiccated coconut for another twist on a traditional flapjack.
Here’s Helen’s winning #phOATo below.