This lovely fruity loaf cake is delicious on its own or spread with butter, or heat slices until warm and serve with Greek yoghurt or ice cream and fresh blueberries for a quick dessert.
- Heat the oven to 190C/170 Fan.
- Line a large loaf tin with a loaf liner or paper.
- Put the yoghurt, eggs, lemon juice, butter and vanilla in a bowl and stir well together until combined.
- Take a desertspoon of the flour and put it into a small bowl and set aside.
- Add the sugar, flour, oats, baking powder, salt and lemon rind to the yoghurt mix, and mix everything together. The resulting mix is quite thick.
- Take a few of the large blueberries and set aside for topping the loaf. Toss the remaining blueberries into the reserved flour, then add to the mixture and fold in very slowly – this should stop them sinking to the bottom of the cake when you are baking it. Frozen blueberries are easier to work with, as they are less likely to break up.
- Bake for 45 – 50 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Leave to cool.