- Preheat the oven to 220°C/Fan 200°C/Gas 7.
- Toss the prepared vegetables in the olive oil and season.
- Once the oven is hot, add the vegetables to a large baking tray in a single layer. Roast for 20-25 minutes until the vegetables are cooked.
- Take the pastry out of the fridge, remove from the wrapper and sit on a plate to bring to room temperature while the vegetables roast.
- Whizz up all the pate ingredients in a food processor until you have a smooth pate.
- Once the vegetables are roasted, unroll the pastry on a baking sheet and add the pate in a flat sausage shape up the central third of the pastry, lengthways.
- Heap the vegetables on top of the pate.
- Sprinkle the parmesan over the vegetables.
- Slice diagonally through the pastry at each side of the pate to the edge. It should look like a feather. Leave a portion at the top and bottom uncut.
- Fold the top and bottom pieces of the pastry over the vegetables, then brush a little water on the tips of your pastry strips, then fold them one at a time across the middle until the filling is completely covered, with just a little showing.
- Brush the pastry with an egg wash or olive oil and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until golden and crisp.
Serve with roast potatoes, a selection of vegetables and onion gravy.
Here’s how to prepare the plait
And the finished dish…
Get more recipes by Jacqueline Meldrum