- Separate the eggs and whip the whites until stiff.
- Put the oatmeal, ricotta, egg yolks, baking powder and lemon zest together in another bowl and mix together until combined.
- Fold in the egg whites gently so the mixture stays light and fluffy.
- Heat a frying pan or crepe pan over a medium heat and wipe with some kitchen paper and some vegetable oil or butter.
- Pour large tablespoons of the mixture into the pan. Leave for around two minutes then flip over and cook for one minute on the other side.
- Serve with your favourite topping – we served ours with a blueberry compote made from a couple of handfuls of blueberries, heated with a spoonful of water and left for a couple of minutes to bubble, then topped with ricotta and grated lemon zest.
Lowra is a primary teacher from Scotland.
She shares her healthy recipes on her Instagram account Lowra’s Healthy Recipes and on her new YouTube channel where you can watch her cooking a variety of recipes at home with her family.