Next time you’re in the mood for banana bread, try our mug cake instead. Once you have your ingredients assembled it takes less than five minutes to make and bake your cake.
- Quickly pulse the porridge oats in a blender until they are the consistency of flour.
- Add the banana slices and quickly blitz together, then add all the other ingredients and pulse together a few times to fully combine.
- Divide the mixture between two large mugs (or three mugs if you are using small ones)
- Microwave each cake on the high setting for around 1 minute 40 seconds – it may take slightly less or slightly longer depending on your microwave.
- Enjoy on its own, or with a scoop of ice cream or a drizzle of honey or cream.