- Preheat oven to 180C/160 Fan/gas mark 3.
- Cream butter and sugar together until fluffy, then add the oats, plain flour and syrup and combine to a dough.
- Roll the dough out until it’s about 1cm thick and cut into circles using a cutter. The recipe makes 12 – 16 biscuits, depending on size.
- Place on a tray lined with baking parchment and bake for about 10-15mins until lightly golden.
- Once baked, cool on a wire rack then transfer to a sealed container – they will keep for 3-4 days.
- Enjoy with a lovely piece of blue cheese.
Thanks to chef Rory Lovie for sharing this recipe with us. Rory is a huge fan of oats – so much so that he says they would be his desert island food!
Rory is a highly-talented chef who oversees all menu activity at the award-winning Bridgeview Station, a restaurant housed within an iconic Victorian railway station at the heart of Dundee’s Waterfront, a short walk from the V&A Musem.
He has won many accolades including:
2013 Rising Star Young Chef of the Year
2013 Best Fine Dining Restaurant in Scotland
2010/11 Academy of Culinary Arts Team Semi-Finalist for Scotland