- Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl.
- Add the oats and sugar and mix.
- Pour in the beaten egg mixture together and mix to a soft consistency elastic adding more milk if needed.
- Lay a sheet of kitchen towel on a microwave-proof flat plate and dust with oats.
- Turn the mix onto this and dust the top with more oats.
- Flatten with the palm of your hand to a round approx 2.5cm (1in) deep. You can make some light scores on the top to make it easy to divide.
- Cover with a sheet of kitchen towel and microwave on full power for 2 minutes.
- Rest on the plate to cool.
Cook’s tip: try adding some crushed fresh raspberries to the mix to make a light fruity scone.