- Heat oven to 180c/160c fan/350f/gas mark 4
- Rub the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs, then add the oats and sugar and mix well.
- Place mixture in baking tin and press down very lightly.
- Bake for 10 minutes until a pale golden colour, then remove from the oven.
- In a mixing bowl combine the sugar, raisins, coconut and lemon rind.
- Add the lightly beaten eggs, lemon juice and melted butter and beat well.
- Pour the mixture over the base and bake in the oven for 25 minutes, until golden and set.
- Allow to cool and then mark into twelve portions.
- When cold combine the icing sugar and lemon juice to make the icing and drizzle over the top.
- Cut into twelve portions when the icing has set.
This was one of the winning recipes in our ‘Afternoon Treats’ competition, which we ran with the Scottish Women’s Institutes.
We were overwhelmed with the number of entries, and were delighted with the five winning recipes, selected by National Judge, Jennifer Durno and her team. Many thanks to everyone who entered, and congratulations to our winners.