- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl then stir in the water to make a stiff elastic dough.
- Cover with clingfilm and leave to rise overnight in the bottom of the fridge.
- When ready to cook, heat the oven to 230C/210C fan/450F/Gas 8.
- Oil two baking trays and heat in the oven.
- Turn the dough onto a floured board, knead lightly and roll into a thick sausage shape.
- Cut into twelve pieces. Roll each into a flat oval using oatmeal to prevent the dough sticking.
- Make sure the oven is at full temperature and the trays are really hot before you bake.
- Carefully lay the breads onto the hot baking trays. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes until risen crisp and puffed up.
- Cool on a wire rack and eat freshly baked.
You can also make a delicous pizza base with the dough. Make up a double portion of the dough above, and roll out into a thin round. Spread with passata or tomato paste, top with toppings of your choice and grated cheese, then bake for 10 to 15 minutes until the base is crisp and the cheese has melted.
For the pizza below we used tomato puree, halved skinned baby tomatoes, chopped spring onion and plenty of vegan cheese. Delicious!